Sunday, October 7, 2018

Town Hall East Kent Dry-Hopped Ale

Town Hall East Kent Dry-Hopped Ale. 5.6% ABV. English Mild Ale. Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery, Minneapolis, MN.

Clear, amber/bronze coloring, slim white head.

In the nose: lightly floral & fruity, mild malt, slightly sweet.

In the mouth: Bold & assertive hop character bombards the palate, with a bright, crisp flavor.
Light bodied, easy-drinking, and ever, ever-so tasty.

I'm interested to know more about the ingredients on this one, but I can't find anything online. It's a uniquely delicious ale which particular flavors I can't really pin down. I wish I knew why I liked it so much. Which hops should I thank? What malts worked their magic? It's a mystery.

I'm going to try to stop bashing my friends at MTHB for their lack of info on the seasonal beers. It may get tedious and redundant. But I'd rather they correct it and give us just a little more. Pretty please? With hops on top?

I'll admit one thing here. The keen-eyed observer may spot in the photograph a tell-tale date. Town Hall has always stamped the growlers with a best-by date two weeks away from the time of filling. I have so many beers in the fridge, I've found it too easy to pass this this by, and I've been trying to drink less, especially while I had a cold last week. Imagine my surprise that I was drinking this 3 weeks past the best-by date. And what is the result? It tasted just as good as the first growler I enjoyed (didn't take notes on that one) and every pint at the pub. This doesn't mean you shouldn't take their suggestion into consideration, but know that it's not a hard set rule. There's not need to pour it out, as if it's spoiled milk.

No comments: