Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Town Hall Oktoberfest

Every time I go to the Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery, I have to look and see if there's anything new that I need to take home in a growler and write about. And once in a while, I search through this blog to see if I haven't done so already. This happened recently with this beer, and I was astounded that in the eight years that I've been adding beer reviews to this blog, I've not done so with Town Hall's Oktoberfest. This lead me to wonder if I've ever written about it, and off to BeerAdvocate.com I go, where I discover that I, "feloniousmonk",  added the beer to their database on October 15, 2008.


Here's what I said then:

Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery Oktoberfest marzen lager. 6.9% ABV. Minneapolis, MN.

Clear and copper-colored. Cream toned froth atop, slims down with quickness.

Semi-sweet, malty nose, grainy, herbal, vegetal. Slightly spicy, mild, and pleasant.

Taste: crisp, smooth, and malty-sweet. Rich malty flavor is big at first, then rolls back, but never quite quits.

Medium-bodied, richly flavored, but never too much, and not the least bit not enough. Here's a beer you can drink. And that's saying something.

First Oktoberfest from Town Hall. Not sure why it took almost eleven years. Was it worth the wait? Just about maybe...

Now, that above remark may not have been accurate, but I could find no evidence there being one before 2008. The style seems like a no-brainer for a craft brewpub that it seems strange that they'd avoid brewing one for so long.

No comments: