Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Indeed Stir Crazy porter

Indeed Stir Crazy Porter. 6.5% ABV, 40 IBU. Indeed Brewing, Minneapolis, Minnesota.

Stir Crazy Porter began it’s life as a Winter Ale brewed with pulverized raisins and brown sugar in early 2013. I originally reviewed it from a pint off of a keg at my old place of work, The Blue Nile, way back then. This year is the first time that the word “porter “ appears prominently in the label. Also, the raisins and brown sugar are gone. And the owl has lost his toque. So, it’s time for a re-review, I think.

Dark brown body, creamy tan head, leaving a little lace.

In the nose: cocoa, malty, coffee Just slightly sweet. Delightful.

In the mouth: Full-bodied, robust, satisfying. A malty mouthful. Flavors of chocolate, dark fruits, and coffee swim about the palate, ending nice and dry. This is a truly well-made robust porter, without any frills. Just solid goodness. We need more of this, not less.

Some may disagree with the above statement. I've already heard comments such as: I've already got the two that I like, what do I want this for?

No comments: