Friday, February 1, 2019

Vander Mill Totally Roasted Cider

Vander Mill Totally Roasted Cider. 6.5% ABV. Produced and canned by Vander Mill, Grand Rapids, MI.

Clear, bright gold, no head, yadda yadda....

In the nose: Vibrant, lively green apples, and a hint of nuts below. Full disclosure: I did little research before cracking it open. I thought that, bases on the name, I should be on the lookout for roasted
coffee beans. I had to peek, when I wasn't quite getting that. Now, I know: pecans. Huh. Well, alright.

In the mouth: Crisp, tart, apple-y, and the toasted/roasted nutty character giving it a warm, earthy twist. Hey, this is tasty. Hitting the spot. Tastes like I'm drinking a pie over here. Nothing wrong with that. And I would drink another one. Good old apple and candied pecan cider and you can drink it.

Beginning with our traditional hard apple cider we then steep candied pecans. We make our own cinnamon roasted pecans that bring vanilla, cinnamon, and a nuttiness to this product that makes it a truly unique cider. Totally Roasted is semi-.sweet with a tart finish.

No comments: