Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Dave's BrewFarm In Machina Exspiravit

Dave's BrewFarm In Machina Exspiravit. 6.7 % ABV. Dave's BrewFarm, Wilson, WI.

You guys. It's been so long since I've written about a new BrewFarm beer. When I go there, which is never often enough, there's either no growlers to take home, or beers I've already written about. Frustrating. My last new beer from Dave was November of 2017. And then there's all of you people who thought that because he's been trying to sell his business for the past four years that means he's out of business. Well, it ain't true. and here's some proof that Farmer Dave is still making new beers:

Let's drink this beer, which has a strange name, and, surprise, surprise, fits no category

Clear, bright golden, maybe amber, slim ivory head.

In the nose: Bright and hoppy. Lively. Arousing. Citrusy, floral.

In the mouth: Hops aplenty, bitterness buzz, but not too much so. And it's hoppy, and malty and yum-a-dum-dum. Tasty. Fruity. Citrus meets tropical. All the goodness.

If forced, I'd call it a pale ale, or even an IPA. It's medium-bodied, smooth, and so nice that I just finished that growler, without worrying too much about expanding upon the notes above.

"The Ghost in the Machine." Brewed on Halloween and a nod to my AI studies. IME has Pils, Aromatic and Victory Malts, Centennial, Cascade, and Galaxy hops. fermented with an American ale strain. BOO!

"Al studies"? Dave's studying me....say what?

No comments: