Thursday, January 23, 2020

Angry Orchard Hard Cider Crisp Apple Unfiltered

Angry Orchard Hard Cider Crisp Apple Unfiltered.
6 % ABV. Angry Orchard Cider Company,
Walden, NY.

As has been stated many times, I give ever beer or cider, or even hard seltzer that finds it's way to my fridge a review. Even samples without a proper label, from large cideries I normally pass up. (Spoiler alert: I don't really "pick up" cider, just about all of them are samples given or sent to me. When I go out buying beverages for home consumption, it's never going to be cider.)

And from that, we move on to this:

All murky and chunky, dull orange, no head.

In the nose: Sweet and fruity, touch of tart.

In the mouth: More sweet, more tart, all apple. Crisp, indeed, and also refreshing. Medium bodied. Pleasant enough. Just enough juicy, with plenty of texture. Not bad.

Crisp Apple Unfiltered is an ode to traditional American cider with a fuller mouthfeel, hazy appearance and a less sweet, fresh apple taste. It is made with bittersweet apples, the gold standard in cider making.

No comments: