Sunday, January 19, 2020

Town Hall Cherry Grand Cru

Town Hall Cherry Grand Cru.
Fruited Belgian Strong Ale. 9.5 % ABV.
Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery, Minneapolis, MN.

Here is the beer that becomes Manhattan Reserve, before it goes in the barrels. And I've got a whole crowler to myself. Yum, a dum, dum....or am I going too far ahead?

Bright, bold crimson coloring, thoroughly opaque, slim whitish head.

In the nose: Cherries on top, Belgian malt and yeast just below. Belgian funky feel melds well with fruit.

In the mouth: Sweetness grips the palate first, big fruit flavors are in full command. Sweet fruit flavors and alcoholic warmth, hand in hand. Juicy malt pokes it's head up, but the cherry infusion completely suffuses the other aspects of this brew. Not that there's anything too terrible about that.

This may be a bit too sweet for me. I am enjoying it, but I wouldn't return to it too quickly.
Actually, I find that I really should have saved this for a special dessert, with some sweet chocolate treat. Or, maybe it should just be shared. It's a bit much for one person in one sitting.

Grand Cru finished with tart cherries.

What music should one pair with this beer? There's only one choice:



No comments: