Thursday, April 16, 2020

Falling Knife Supermood Fruited Sour Ale

Falling Knife Supermood Fruited Sour Ale.
5.5 % ABV. Falling Knife Brewing, Minneapolis, MN.

And here we have the second Falling Knife crowler that I picked up at Hum's last week. I'll be busting out of quarantine for more beer shopping tomorrow, and am wondering whether I should look for more of these, or call them and order delivery. One thing I know for sure is that when all this is over, I am overdue for a visit to their taproom. Hell, everyone's taproom. The past month has felt like forever.

Lightly hazed, bright golden/orange hue, slim, white, soon-gone head.

In the nose: Tartness begins it, and then it comes the fruit. Peach, mango, guava, maybe? Apricot?

In the mouth: Intense sourness right off the bat, with a delectable blend of fruit washing in from behind. Juicy stuff. Medium bodied, long sour/fruity finish. Refreshing. Big citrus and tropical fruit flavors. I like it. Keep 'em coming.

Refreshingly Tart Sour with Peach, Mango and Blood Orange

No comments: