Friday, April 3, 2020

ONE Tally Ho Dry Stout

ONE Tally Ho Dry Stout. 5.1 % ABV. 36 IBU.
ONE Fermentary & Taproom, Minneapolis, MN.

Deep black with a slim toasted brown head.

In the nose: Roasted malts, cocoa, coffee, soft & smooth. Nearly note perfect.

In the mouth: Glides onto the palate with charm and grace. Slight bitterness, quickly overcome by smooth, slightly sweet chocolate malt goodness. Coffee pops up and lays in for the long haul. Small tug of war between bitter and sweet continues until it all mellows out. Cool, dry, and classic.
Warm and satisfying. Wonderful stuff. Right on the money.

I had my first taste of this beer at the taproom on my first visit back in November. This bottle was purchased two weeks ago, when I couldn't get a pint of it if I begged for one. I'll be back soon for a quick crowler or bottle to take home and enjoy in quarantine, while dreaming of that happy day that shall someday come.

Coffee-like, dark roasted barley character with medium hop bitterness

No comments: