Friday, April 1, 2022

Junkyard Werewolves at Luncheon Vermont style IPA

 Junkyard Werewolves at Luncheon Vermont style IPA. With Sabro, Mosaic, and Citra.

7.2 % ABV, Junkyard Brewing, Moorhead, MN. 


As a Warren Zevon fan, I had to try this beer. But, I couldn’t buy it, for that would violate my ban on the hazies. (Vermont Style = New England style =hazy), but luckily a free sample came my way, so here we are. 

Hazy and yellow,large, fluffy, white head.

In the nose: soft, fuzzy, slightly citric. Grapefruit and lemon.Attractive.

In the mouth: citric and spicy. But sufficiently smooth. Lemon and orange lead the charge. Body is medium, but full of fuzz. No bitterness to speak of, unfortunately, but plenty of hop flavors. It’s easily consumed, but stands as a perfect example of why these beers should not be called IPAs. Where’s the bitterness, as Clara Peller might ask. (Yes, I am old and full of references from the 1980s that I lived through.)

Answer, it’s there in only the slightest way, replaced by soft and squishy. No thanks.

No comments: