Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Lift Bridge Watermelon Kölsch Beer

 Lift Bridge Watermelon Kölsch Beer. 



4% ABV. Lift Bridge Brewing, Stillwater, MN. 

Now here we have a beer I wouldn’t normally purchase. And I didn’t, it was a gift from a friend. Or was it a trap, knowing I would be forced to drink it? It has sat in the fridge for more than a month, going on two, because it is not the sort of beer I would normally drink. I like a good Kölsch, but not fruited ones.

Clear, bright golden hue, small white head.

In the nose: artificial watermelon flavors own this aroma. Like a Jolly Rancher or bubblegum. 

In the mouth: there it is again, and it’s not good. Gone quickly, thank goodness, swiftly done from the palate. Bearing no Kölsch-like flavors, it’s just a light-bodied vehicle for this fake flavoring. 

I am getting no joy from this, so it’s going down the drain. Sorry, Kirk. 

The quintessential taste of summer cookouts, watermelon, tossed gently with a smooth and crisp kolsch style beer.

No comments: