Sunday, August 21, 2022

Headflyer Strawberry Whip

 Headflyer Strawberry Whip.

5.4 % ABV, HeadFlyer Brewing, Minneapolis, MN. 

Of all the styles of beer, I might have the least familiarity with the Whip style. I haven’t had one since April of last year, also from this brewery, and before that I had none, that I know we of. So, let’s have a strawberry whip, shall we?

Highly clouded, hazy pinkish red coloration, slim white head.

In the nose: fruity and sweet. That’s some strawberries in there, alright.

In the mouth: juicy, fruity, smooth, strawberry-y. Medium bodied. Quick finish. Slight bitterness. More like a smoothie than a beer. Appropriately pleasant, but whatever it is, it’s not for me.

I’ll  still finish it, but I’ll be happy to put a real beer in my mitts next.

This fruited pale features strawberry puree, milk sugar, and Belma hops. The balance of sweet and fruit make this a refreshing patio beer!

Lactose again, eh? My old nemesis. 

No comments: