Sunday, August 7, 2022

The Shop Beer Co. Joy Juice West Coast IPA

 The Shop Beer Co. Joy Juice West Coast IPA.


6.7% ABV, The Shop Beer Co., Tempe, AZ.

And how did this beer enter my possession? I made it known via Facebook which states in the union have no representation in this here blog, and my friend Nikki got out one from Arizona that she still had from the last time she went there. What a pal. And we know that it is at least a year old, nearly 1& 1/2....we won’t hold that against it. 

Lightly clouded, not clear, not on point....bright golden hue, slim white head.

In the nose: big citrus. Slightly resinous. Some stone fruit.

In the mouth:  bitterness on the palate up front, but mild. Orange and grapefruit with a drop of apricot. Dankness in attendance. Medium bodied, long hoppy finish.

Lacking a crispness I desire. Plenty of hop presence, without appropriate snap. Most of this may be attributable to the lack of freshness. Part of this is my own fault, for I sat on it months  after I received it. Not bad, but I can imagine it better when new. 

West Coast IPA brewed with Talus, Idaho 7 and Simcoe cryo hops!

No comments: