Monday, August 1, 2022

Wooden Ship Whatever’s Saisonal

 Wooden Ship Whatever’s Saisonal. Saison with fresh sage and white tea. 5.8 % ABV, Wooden Ship Brewing, Minneapolis, MN.

I got off work at 5 this Friday afternoon, got on my bike, and got on the Minnehaha Creek Trail, taking that to Lake Harriet. Followed the bike path until I exited at 44th St., taking it several blocks to the west and Zenith Avenue. Wooden Ship Brewery, where I intended to do another phone post. I didn’t do one with my first beer, an IPA called Uncouth Joseph, which I liked quite a lot, but didn’t want to take notes on for the reason thatbth3 seat I chose at the bar was next to old friends and I didn’t want to be unsociable. 


So, here come the notes on pint #2:

Light haze, golden hue, small white head.

Lovely aromatics. A little sweet, a touch of spice. Beautiful fruity notes.

All these enticing flavors emerge on the palate. Lean bodied, excellent consumability. Extra flavors wrap over any discernible saison style signifiers, but no one minds. Why would anyone? I don’t normally go for sage and/or tea in my beer, but when it works, it works.

A French saison made with fresh sage and white tea

No comments: