Monday, January 23, 2023

Nine Mile Double Sol

 


Nine Mile Double Sol. Double New England IPA.

8.2 % ABV, Nine Mile Brewing, Bloomington, Minnesota.

Hey, Al,  you’re saying to me, I thought you hated the hazies? Don’t you despise the doubles most of all?

Yes, true, but this was given to me by a co-worker who was also works at the brewery with no warning that it was a hazy. And this brewery hasn’t appeared here yet, so let’s get one in the books. 

(I’d been to Nine Mile once before, on their opening day, nearly a year ago. I had exactly one beer then because it was too crowded and the line was insane. Haven’t been back because when am I in Bloomington? 

All hazed out, dull yellow color, lush cloud-white head. 

In the nose: big citrus. Slightly tart. Touch of tropical. Pineapple meets grapefruit.

In the mouth: lots of fruit and fuzz. Virtually no bitterness. Too sweet for me. Not what I want in a double IPA. As I’ve said over and over again, ad infinitum. Very soft, “pillowy”…but that’s how they make ‘em now. I’m getting no bitterness, but here comes the booze. 

I’m glad I can still find the kind of DIPA I like around. Plenty of Sticker Fight to be found. 

And I’ll finish it, and I thank you, Michael, for your generosity.

No comments: