Saturday, August 13, 2011

The last of the beer journal cover collages





When you move for the first time in eleven years, you unearth many lost things. Finally, the last of the beer notebooks have revealed themselves. These were never filled out, as I'd given up the pen and paper approach halfway in. The bottom two were not done by me, actually, but by nephew Trevor, who, if I remember correctly, gave me a ride to the airport for a beer vacation to Southern California, back in 2004. I gave him the label, the glue, and the notebook, and told him to go to town, while I finished packing. Perhaps it demonstrates why he's a professional graphic designer, and I'm not.
The other one contains one of the most bizarro labels I've ever seen, the one for Northampton Pale Ale. Look at that one. Some sort of bandito or another with a beer mug finds a sheep among, or perhaps masquerading as, the foam. What the hell? If anyone can find greater meaning, or any kind, for that matter, in this image, please let me know in the comments!

No comments: