Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Lucette The Farmer's Daughter Blonde Ale

Well, it finally happened. I poured a beer into a glass, posed it next to the container, started taking notes, and after finishing the beer realized that I'd forgotten to take the photo. This has actually occurred before, but in that case I had another bottle of the beer. In this one, I do not, so enjoy a photo of an empty can of Lucette Farmer's Daughter, and an empty glass, and let me note do the talking. Notes, do your thing...


Lucette The Farmer's Daughter, Craft beer, hand crafted {is that how they do it?}, Blonde Ale Brewed with Spices, 1 pint can, 4.8% ABV., Lucette Brewing Company, Menomenie, WI.

Clear, golden color, thin, soon gone head.

Aroma: clean, fairly simple, some citrus fruit, some spice, a touch creamy.

Hey, if it's a "blonde ale", why is the titular Farmer's daughter in the label illustration a brunette? I like her fine like that, but it just seems a more natural choice to picture here as a blonde.

Anyway! The taste! Here we go!
Wet, soft, smooth, easy drinker. Light body. Faint finish. There's mildness all over here. Very light spice (whatever they are), very light hops. Creamy and sweet. But…not for me. Too far on the side of safe and insipid, although I'm sure it's exactly what they want it to be, and I'm sure it's a heck of a hit, for what it's worth.

Let's read more into the label: "Lucette…Lucette is a hand-crafted by guys and brought to life by the artistry of a woman. Don't be offended or embarrassed by her voluptuous curves of stunning assets--she isn't. Lucette is an image of revolution and evolution, much like experiencing a non-macro beer for the first time.
{Odd choice of phrase, that, for "macro" was coined by the macros themselves to oppose to "Micro."}
Okay, there's more…"And what's more, she is created from the finest ingredients of the hands of our own brewers, at our own brewery, and not by some mysterious brewery far away from "home." In other words, she is not fake, diluted, or overproduced--she is 100% Lucette.
Enjoy her with friends. Enjoy her with family. Just enjoy the $#!@ out of her 'cause to us Lucette represents two things: A GREAT BEER AND A GOOD TIME."

I'm just going to leave that with no comment. Except that I left one thing out. One top of that copy is the phrase "Friendly with a glass", which I suppose means you should pour it into one, but a very odd phrase.

Very blase' brew, for me. Maybe they'e got something else up their sleeves, though? I'll check it out, if they do. This? Eh….

No comments: