Monday, September 17, 2012

Birra del Borgo My Antonia Imperial Pilsener


My Antonia, continually-hopped imperial pils, product of italy, 7.5% ABV. Brewed and bottled by Birra del Borgo, in collaboration with Dogfish Head Brewery.

Beyond that, only legalese, not a drop of Gobbledygook.

Appearance: Dark, clouded amber hue, large  chalk white, long lasting head.

Aroma: Delightfully sweet and floral (rose petals), fruity, citric, lemon and orange. Just plain ol' gorgeous.

Taste: Smooth and malty. Impressive hoppy edge at the top. Nice, hoppy buzz on the palate, excellent malty texture. Pretty tasty stuff. Fruity, citric bitter flavors still up on top and all over the palate. A maltier, hopper, boozier pilsner, but not too strong and not too thin.

I wish I knew more about this Birra del Borgo. I know to trust Dogfish Head, and know I've got a new Italian brewery to look out for.

No comments: