Monday, January 28, 2013

Boulevard Long Strange Tripel

So, here I am drinking a 12 ounce bottle of Boulevard's Long Strange Tripel, the Smokestack Series beer that really sealed the deal for me on this run of brews being nothing but solid, if for a time, and I'm looking back on the first time I had one. Notes were taken while I put away a 750 ml bottle,in August of 2008,  but they were sparse.  Did I need new notes? Here they are...


My notes are minimal, but my enjoyment was full.

Long Strange Tripel, Boulevard...

hazy golden hue, huge white head...

 sweet and spicy aroma...right on for a tripel.

Lemon, lime, orange, and more in the flavor, with a spicy kick.

Delicious stuff...perfect fit for the tripel style.

That's all I had to say while I drank it, but it says it all.
Excellent.

What more should I say? Light bodied, long, fruity finish, ending crisp and dry. Beautiful yeast character throughout, zesty and spicy...absolutely lovely. One of the best American-brewed Belgian-style tripels ever. Hands. Down. Let's just say I recommend this one.
There, that'll do.

No comments: