Thursday, January 24, 2013

Kona Pipeline Porter


Kona Aloha Series Pipeline Porter, Porter with 100% Hawaiian Kona Coffee.

Solid black appearance, under a small roasted tan head, leaving lace.

Malty nose, minor coffee notes. Not getting much out of it.

Taste: malt-driven, roasty, fullish-bodied….with the coffee at last coming through on the palate. But it doesn't do much. What can I say? It sits in my mouth and I'm left wanting. Wait, it's getting better. More coffee flavor coming through. Porter base is adequate, a little roasty. coffee coming on strong.

Nice. But…

Hey, what do they say? "Pipeline Porter is full-bodied with a rich, smooth dark-roasted malt flavor. A selection of premium hops and 100% Hawaiian Kona coffee complete this limited brew."

It's…okay. It's nice. But I can't love it. I hardly like it. I tried, though.

No comments: