Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Dave's BrewFarm Bramling Cross Single Hop Saison


I made it to Dave's BrewFarm this Sunday, for the first time in 3 months. Four beers on tap that I haven't had before, out of eight, but, as you know, I don't take notes while socializing at the BrewFarm, that would be so uber-BeerGeek, and so uncool. I do that with the growlers I take home, and there were only two that I hadn't had before available in that format. So here are notes on...


Dave's BrewFarm Bramling Cross Single Hop Saison. 6.4 % ABV.

Clear, bright golden color, slim white head.

Aroma: sweet, floral, fruity. Apricot, peach, a touch of honey.

Taste: Light-bodied, super smooth, easy drinker. Mellow mouthfeel. Delicate fruit and hop flavors. Here we have a DBF version of a lawnmower beer, perfect now that spring has finally arrived.
Unfussy, uncomplicated, downable and delightful.
I've not had much experience with Bramling Cross hops, and they effects remain mysterious. They add a gentle, fruitiness and not much bitterness. A mild brew, but with significant character. This growler will not last long at all.

Here's the official description: "Pils, Cara Red and Caramel 20 malts and hopped with three additions of Bramling Cross hops. Fermented with lager yeast."

No comments: