Thursday, August 14, 2014

Indeed Mexican Honey Imperial Lager


Indeed Mexican Honey Imperial Lager. Imperial Lager brewed with Mexican Orange blossom honey.

Lightly hazed, bright golden hued, with a long-lasting and lace-leaving white cap of foam.

Aroma: cereal grains, mightily multiply, sweetness and some spice. Something's happening here.

Taste: Hmmmm. Yeah. Lager. Strong. Honey. Sure. Mexican? Yeah….it's sweet. It's strong. Not too this, not too that, not hoppy, not especially malty. Pretty tasty…but,….missing certain complexities I enjoy observing. I guess I'm trying to say that it's wonderful for what it is, …if you like that sort of thing. It's not what thrills me. I need more of more, not less and then some.

This is one of those beers that I am trying because I like the brewery, and I find that I enjoy everything they do. Except, really, this one. Nothing wrong with it. It's fine that it exists. But, I would never choose to drink it again.
C'est la vie.

What does the label tell us? Something in Spanish, probably, and possibly condescending …"Hola, mi amigo! Just off the tracks in the little village of Northeast Minneapolis lies Cerveceria Indeed, a brewery with an adventurous spirit. MEXICAN HONEY {it's spelled out in bold with a different color} is an Imperial Lager brewed with Mexican Orange Blossom honey and Amarillo hops, offering a citrus and floral fiesta for your palate. Refreshing and dangerously smooth, expect notes of orange nectar, graham cracker, biscuits, and honeycomb. Viva las honey bees!" Alc. 7.2 % by Vol, 17 IBU.

I don't know what to tell you, man. Didn't do it for me. Someone once told me this was their favorite beer of all time. Looking back, it occurs to me that they had terrible taste in beer.

No comments: