Friday, August 29, 2014

Lakefront Kilsch Pilsner

So. Here I am, buying sampler packs again. What does that mean? That I'm not taking home free growlers every day? Maybe....I won't get into it, just yet. But, yeah. And why not revisit Lakefront Brewery of Milwaukee, Wisconsin?

Here are notes from August of 2004:


Clear golden hued, transparent at bottom, vague haze at top, covered by a slim, white head, which doffs it's cap and bids adieu in a trice.

Nose is spare, floral, lightly lemony and herbal, subtly hoppy, feels just right for the style.

Mild entrance on the palate, good malty feel...doesn't impress at first, but I warm up to it more as I drink...gets tastier, nice, bright flavor, decent texture.

good "lawnmower" beer, "hedgetrimmer" pils, "weedpuller" lager, whatever you want to call it. Citric feel follows through in the finish, feels quite nice in the mouth.

Not a favorite style of mine, so I probably won't revisit this, but do recommend it to those so inclined.

(It's still good. If that's your thing.)

No comments: