Monday, February 2, 2015

Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout


Let's look at another Lagunitas brew, this one without any trademarked "kerning" in it's initials. And it's one that I've had before, back in June, 2008. If I can think of finer phrases to speak it's praises,  I'll let them loose, but otherwise, I think I'll let the old notes stand.

Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout, Ale brewed with coffee. Limited Release. The Lagunitas Brewing Company, Petaluma, CA. Alc. 9.2% by Vol. IBU: 29.5. OG: 1.076.

Appearance: Thick, impenetrable, inky black, slim cocoa-toned head.

Aroma: bittersweet nose, tons of coffee tones, little sweetness, earthy, roasty.

Tasting it...mmm, there it all is, in the nutshell, rich, roasty, coffee and chocolate. Smooth, and full of flavor. Great texture, lots of play on the palate.

My notes on this were minimal, but my pleasure in the drinking was not. Very nice coffee stout. I'll return to this one again

No comments: