Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Inbound Hallucidation

Inbound Hallucidation. Ale brewed with grape juice. 14% ABV. 20 IBU. Inbound BrewCo (formerly Lucid, sometimes NorthLoop BrewCo), Minneapolis, MN.

Clear, bright golden, slightly apricot-ish color, slim, soon down to nil head.

In the nose: Fruit. Grapes. Lightly sweet. Lovely stuff.

In the mouth: More of the fruit climbs on board and in comes a ton of alcohol. Brandy-like on the tongue. Long lasting feel on the palate. Strength doesn't lessen, or weaken. Only emboldens. Boom, boom, boom. Buzz, buzz, buzz. This is all right.

It's also the first Hallucidation bottle I've ever purchased and consumed. I'd always been scared off by the price. Keep seeing it on shelves and thinking that I want to try it, but eighteen bucks is a bit high for me. Cool label art, though. I'd almost say it's worth it for that, but, nah.

Imperial Saison aged with grape must from Parley Lake Winery.

No comments: