Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Central Waters Honey Blonde Ale

Central Waters Honey Blonde Ale. 4.6% ABV, 12 IBU. Central Waters Brewing Company, Amherst, Wisconsin.

When I say that I try to write about every beer that comes my way, I mean it. Some have said that I write about many beers that no one, at least no one in their particular beer geek circle, cares about. Well, someone cares about them, or they wouldn't exist. And I write about beers I wouldn't pick up on my own, because...well, just because. It's there. And this one is quite probably a classic example.

Blonde Ales aren't my style. But your average consumer who just wants something to drink, free of extremes and challenges, loves this style. It's good to have them around, because, believe it or not, those are not bad people, and they deserve a style of beer that sets them at ease. And now, I'm going to drink one.

Clear, golden-toned, slim white head.

In the nose: Hey, there's honey in there. Low hops, light malt flavors. Mild and inoffensive.

In the mouth: Light and smooth. Easy. Breezy. Mild hop bitterness. Slightly sweet, a touch of malt and grain. Drink 'em up.

Ah, honey blonde ales. They're too sweet and ineffectual for me. But here's to those who love 'em. Good folks, they are. Salt of the Earth.

Made using real Wisconsin honey, our Honey Blonde is a traditional cream ale featuring a breezy floral bouquet, subtle sweetness, and crisp, clean finish. When you're feeling like something a bit more refreshing, this little number is sure to please.

No comments: