Sunday, August 26, 2018

Lupulin / Odd13 Operation CoHoperation IPA

Lupulin / Odd13 Operation CoHoperation. 7% ABV, 50 IBU. Brewed by Lupulin Brewing, Big Lake, MN.

This is the second in the Operation Cooperation series from Lupulin. The first was with Barrel Theory, came out several months ago, and I quite enjoyed it. It never appeared here in the Nib. I had a keg of it on tap at Acadia, and that's where I enjoyed it, but I rarely review the beers that I drink there. When I saw it in stores, I wasn't sure I wanted to pay $16 for a 4-pack. Well, too late now. This time around, when I saw it, I got it, $16 4-pack be damned.

Heavily hazed, clouded, thick bright orange coloration, slim white head.

In the nose: Sweet and lovely. Major fruit notes. Flush with citrus.

In the mouth: Alive with grapefruit and orange, lemon and pine. Hop bitterness, ahoy! Bitterness lays long on the palate. Delicious. I'm still not too keen on the hazy stuff, but I'm enjoying this. Good IPA, and you can drink it.

Collaboration with Odd13 brewery, Lafayette, Colorado.

This version of Operation CoHoperation is crafted on a base of Thomas Fawcett Maris Otter malt, Flaked Barley, Triticale (a hybrid of Rye and Wheat), and a fun Blue Serenade malt from Troubadour Malting out of Colorado. The hop showcase here are two hot new South African hop varieties - Southern Star and Experimental variety XJA2

No comments: