Thursday, August 16, 2018

Venn Brewing Batch #73 Pink Guava Sour

Venn Brewing Batch #73 Pink Guava Sour. 8.5% ABV. Venn Brewing, Minneapolis, MN.

I've been visiting Venn Brewing on a pretty much monthly basis since they opened up eight months ago. I try to take back crowlers and growlers each time to write about there and keep taps on the beers they brew. I'll never keep on top of them all. This is the 17th beer I've written about, out of the 90 they've produced so far. But in my efforts I try to sample the more interesting ones that I see. This doesn't explain why it took me so long to at last try out on of their sour ales. And here's Pink Guava for all of you all.

All opaque, pale orange coloring, little to no head at all.

In the nose: Fresh, fruity, funky, sweet. Quite a lot of guava going on,

In the mouth: Tart from the start. Palate gripping. Fruity and sour, ending on a dry note. Satisfying. Refreshing. Quite tasty. What I'm liking about this is that the sour is not out of control, it's quite mellow and easily consumed. I'm digging this, fruity and tart and tasty. Right on.



A kettle sour infused with pink guava.

Malts: Pilsner

Hops: None

Yeast: Lactobacillus, Champagne

And: Pink Guava

Note: This was purchased two weeks ago. I just now noticed that it is gone from the taps, no doubt replaced by something just as delicious.

No comments: