Saturday, August 25, 2018

Brass Foundry Question 63 India Pale Ale

Just when you think you're on top of the new and upcoming local breweries, something comes along to screw the deal. I first became aware of this company when friend Bob Pirie picked up a growler (un-filled of course) at the All Pints North festival in Duluth (which I still haven't returned to, all these years later), a few weeks back, and shared this info on FB. What, a new brewery has opened in Minneapolis? Nope. They're contract-brewing in St. Paul, with Flat Earth, from what I hear. And cans are in stores. So, I found some cans, I drank some cans, and I wrote about one of those cans. (The other three, I just drank 'em.)

Brass Foundry Question 63 India Pale Ale. 6.2% ABV, 65 IBU. Brass Foundry Brewing, Minneapolis, MN.

Highly hazed (clear near the bottom), golden hued, lace-leaving ivory head.

In the nose: Big hop flavors waft out, fruity, citrus, some tropical, a touch of pine, with moderate bitterness. Pleasant stuff.

In the mouth: Fresh and fruity taste from the top. Abundant citrus notes play on the palate, yeasty presence, as well. Hop bitterness increases, as well, and that's just what I'm looking for. An enjoyable beer.



Question 63 is a complex IPA that's as mysterious as its name. We made this for you. It's yours. Enjoy. 

No comments: