Monday, September 2, 2019

10 Barrel Brewing Company Crush Cucumber Sour

10 Barrel Brewing Company Crush Cucumber Sour. Berliner Weisse.
5 % ABV. 4 IBU.
10 Barrel Brewing, Bend, OR. (subsidiary of Anheuser-Busch)

I mentioned this beer before, without naming it. I wasn't ready to retire for the evening, but I wanted another beer, yet there was nothing in the fridge that I had had before. If I haven't had a beer before, I need to write about it, here. So, I broke my vow in favor of my thirst. And then I got another sample, so I have to write about the cucumber sour. And I will, too.

Partially cloudy/hazy, pale golden color, large, lace-leaving ivory head.

In the nose: Well, there's the cucumber. And here comes the sour. That's it, in the nutshell.

In the mouth: Crisp, tart, refreshing. Fruity, too, if you can say that about a cucumber. Cool, of course, as a. Juicy, if you can say that about a cuke. Fresh and easy-drinking. Not bad.

"Drink beer outside." it says on the label. Sorry, it's raining tonight, I'm staying in.

Once again 10 Barrel gets fresh! Tonya took her award winning Berliner Weisse and added loads of cucumber flavor. The aroma is undeniably cucumber. The flavor is like biting into a crisp baby cucumber fresh from the garden. Just when you have had enough the tartness acts as a pallet cleanser leaving you ready for the next sip. Eat Beer! 

No comments: