Monday, September 2, 2019

21st Amendment Sparkale Sparkling Rose' Ale

21st Amendment Sparkale Sparkling Rose' Ale. Ale with apple, cranberry, peach, & cherry.
21st Amendment Brewery, San Francisco/San Leandro, CA.

It continues. While the crowlers bought in St. Paul yesterday and the bottles and cans from my Iowa trip of two weeks ago wait their turn, I'm going through the beers that were in that fridge first, emptying that space of sample cans of styles I'm not crazy about. As stated in my previous post, because I have to, and that's all there is to it.

This one was sampled out to me quite some time ago, and the kegs were pitched to me week after week, even while they were put on sale, as summer wanes away. All the while, I never opened it up, No, no, no, I told them while the sample went upsampled. Was I wrong? Let's find out...

Clear, rose-y coloration, no head.

In the nose: Fruity, sweet. Yep, cherries and peaches and all the rest are here, fairly mild, though.

In the mouth: There's some spark, brisk carbonation, and there's a lot of sweet. Cornucopia of fruits in attendance, dropping juicy delights on the palate. Mild mouthfeel. Tart, light and refreshing. Ending dry. And utterly unfulfilling, for me. I'm sure plenty of people like it, but....

I don't buy beers just for me when I buy for a Acadia, my day job. (Night job, mostly.) I have to have something on tap for the people who don't want anything "too hoppy" or strong or malty, or barrel-aged or Belgian. And I make sure to have a few of those, because we want to keep them happy, too. But not this, brother, not this.

This overly sweet abomination makes me feel worse the more I drink.

Want to read some marketing bullcrap? Here you go: Like a sparkler crackling against the sky at dusk, our sparkling rosé ale is a refreshing pop of fruit and fizz with tart flavors and a crisp finish. Crafted with apple, cranberry, peach and cherries, this ale is a reminder of life’s simple pleasures. Open a can and enjoy. This is your moment to shine.

No comments: