Friday, September 6, 2019

Firetrucker Uptown IPA

Firetrucker Uptown IPA. Brewed and canned at Firetrucker Brewery in Ankeny, Iowa.
5.8 % ABV, 67 IBU.

At last, three weeks after my Des Moines trip, I'm dipping into the beers I brought back from Iowa.
What took me so long? Had to take care of the beers I'd been sitting on from before that, first.
And drink the first five of the six -packs, the first three of the 4-packs, etc.
 It's time, at last. Time to drink Iowa, and tell you about it. (and I'm still working on the posts about the trip, it's coming, soon.)

Certified hazy, utterly opaque, deep orange color, lush ivory head atop.

In the nose: citrus and pine, apple and stone...a lovely cornucopia. Nice and malty, too, touch of caramel. Grapefruit, orange, lemon and mango dominate. Lovely stuff.

In the mouth: Juicy, hoppy, delicious. Just enough malt. Medium bodied. Good blast of bitterness up front that takes it cool on the way out. This is a tasty one, indeed. That's why I brought it home. I knew I liked it, and I wanted to tell you, dear reader, about it. Next time you're in Iowa, and you want a good ol' IPA, don't hesitate.

This IPA has all the flavor and smooth drinkability you seek. While hoppy enough for any IPA connoisseur, our version is more citrusy than bitter. Mandarin orange flavors stand out and grapefruit lingers on the finish. Find a shady spot and enjoy! 

And from the can: "Citra based IPA with laid back bitterness."

No comments: