Sunday, February 16, 2020

Wild Mind Artisan Ales Winter Porter

Wild Mind Artisan Ales Winter Porter. 5.6% ABV.
Wild Mind Artisan Ales, Minneapolis, MN.

Whenever I visit Wild Mind, I have to get my growler filled. There aren't many beers that they'll put in there, and getting a crowler is definitely cheaper. The shape and size of it is inconvenient and hard to carry. So, why do I do it? Another mystery. Perhaps it's the fact that I decided to purchase it and continue to own it, means that I must continue to use it. And so on and so forth, and Scooby-dooby-dooby....

And here we have just a straight-up porter, no fuss, no muss, no variations or deviations.

Dark brown, nearly black, full opacity, slim cocoa/tan head.

In the nose: Roasted malt, espresso, slight cocoa, very dry.

In the mouth: Roasty toasty malt flavors. Medium bodied, Minor bitterness, excellent balance. Right on the level. Some chocolate, some caramel, and ultimately smooth and easy drinking. Quite a nice porter. I did half the growler tonight, and will save the rest for tomorrow.

Hey, maybe that's why I still use growlers.


Brewed with caramel, chocolate, and black malts, just a touch of oat malt, and US Golding hops, Winter is a smooth, chocolatey porter with hints of carmel and a roasted backbone. At 5.6% ABV, Winter is the perfect sessionable-ish beer for a cold Minnesota night. 

No comments: