Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Modist Space Junk DDH IPA (Simcoe, Strata, Mosaic & Cream IPA)

Modist Space Junk DDH IPA (Simcoe, Strata, Mosaic & Cream).
6 % ABV. Modist Brewing, Minneapolis, MN.

Crazy with the haze. Bright golden hue, large, lasting and lace leaving pure white froth atop. Looking good.

In the nose: bursting with citrus, popping with lemon and orange, expressively dry.

In the mouth: All the fruit noted above blasts the palate, lays a trail of bitterness behind. Smoothness henceforth. Cream comes foreward. It's creamy, but it takes away from what's an IPA. I like it at first, but now that I see ...now, that I ...sigh....cream? What happened to lactose? Is that over, or is it the same thing?

I should just skip them when they have cream in them, or lactose, then I won't repeat myself when I say again and again, I don't want milk in an IPA. Or, is "Cream IPA" a new thing? ...shudder....

Sometimes the mix of hops and milk (I can't believe that the concept even exists), well, it just doesn't work for me.

An orbiting mix of fluffy oats, soft wheat malt & creamy milk sugar, double dry hopped with our fruity Simcoe, sticky Strata and drippy Mosaic

No comments: