Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Lupulin Sophistry IPA 05

Lupulin Sophistry IPA 05.
7% ABV. 65 IBU.
Lupulin Brewing, Big Lake, MN.

Hazy, bright orange color, large, lasting ivory head.

In the nose: Starts with the citrus notes, moves quickly into sweet and tropical tones. Blending orange, lemon, papaya, and pineapple.

In the mouth: Bitterness blasts the palate initially, then lays low. Sweetness pulls in. Malt is clean and delicious. Hops and popping, dropping flavor. Lean bodied, excellent drinking. Creamy-is and smooth-like.

A bit more of the haze than I'd like, but I have to admit that I'm fighting a losing battle. It's what they want, so it's what they'll brew. As it is, there's just enough bitterness riding through this one to keep me happy. I'd joyfully pick up some more of this.

We really pushed the envelope on this one. More hops in the whirlpool, more hops in the dryhop, more thinking about hops. More of those beautiful juice notes you are craving. Citra accents the dank, tropical notes of the Galaxy and Rakau. All brought to you with a tremendous body that reminds you of taking that first swig of OJ in the morning.

Hops: Citra, Ekuanot Cryo, Rakau, Galaxy, Falconers Flight
Malts: Pale ale, Flaked Oats, Flaked Wheat, Cara Vienna

I give up. So, we want the orange juice look, is that right? I just don't know any more.

No comments: