Thursday, November 10, 2022

BlackStack DDH Jurassic Park DDH TIPA

 BlackStack DDH Jurassic Park DDH TIPA. Collaboration with Toppling Goliath. 

10.1% ABV, BlackStack Brewing, St. Paul, Minnesota.


Impenetrable haze, dull yellow color, slim white head. Some floaties when I empty the can. 

In the nose: softly citric and slightly tropical. Hint of pine, behind the haze. 

In the mouth: aggressively sweet and sugary. Slightly tart, too Hoppy flavors appear, but it’s in the midst of this morass. A lot of thickness to this. And, yeah, too much Many fruity flavors play on the palate, but, eh, this is not what I look for in a “TIPA”, DDH or otherwise. This entire style of beer is something I actively resist and rail against. But, them, I end getting a free sample and I hope against hope that I don’t hate and have to tell everyone.

Maybe some day I’ll turn down a free beer. I wonder what that’s like.

Our homies from Toppling Goliath came up to get even more prehistoric with us. To pay homage to their dino classics & the not infrequent jokes about the amount of plants in our taproom, we used even more earth rattling quantities of our hand-selected Citra & Citra Cryo & that new hotness, Riwaka, from New Zealand. All of the oils. Tread lightly. One might even say too much Citra... someone is gonna get sued!



No comments: