Thursday, November 3, 2022

New Belgium Voodoo Ranger Juice Force IPA Hazy Imperial IPA


 New Belgium Voodoo Ranger Juice Force IPA Hazy Imperial IPA.

9.5 % ABV, New Belgium Brewing, Fort Collins, Colorado & Asheville, North Carolina.

This one came to me via the latest NB variety pack. It’s an Imperial IPA, which I like. And hazy, which I don’t. Which side will win? 

Hardly hazed, mostly clear, bright golden hue, large, lace lace-leaving, ivory head.

In the nose: big tropical fruit: mango, pineapple, papaya. Barely a hint of citrus. No wait, here comes grapefruit and tangerine. Fruits ahoy! 

In the mouth: blast of bitterness at first, then comes the fruity and juicy. Alcoholic strength shows it’s stripes. More juicy than bitter, all in all, which does not please me. But it is pleasant, easy drinking and boozy, which I like. So, it’s a draw. I can drink it and I don’t hate. I wouldn’t buy another, though. 

No comments: