Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Omni FAD Freaking Awesome Delicious New England Double IPA

 

Omni FAD Freaking Awesome Delicious New England Double IPA.

8% ABV, 40 IBU. Omni Brewing, Maple Grove, Minnesota.

In another time, another universe, I might have gotten around to this one earlier. But then came the ban. The boycott. That ruling from Me on High Above that shouted NO! at the heart of the hazies. One exception to this is when they come to me free. I shouted no to buying them with my own money, but I’ll try them for free, no problem. ( I’ll use my own cash for the beers I know I’ll like.) It can’t be helped what I’ll say, though.

A lighter shade of haze, here, pale gold color, thin ivory head.

In the nose: lively, bright, a little sweetish. Citrusy. Fuzzy. But not too much so.

In the mouth: spark of hop bitterness, swallowed up by bright citrus goodness. Medium bodied, well balanced, with the booze creeping in. Somewhat snappy, quite tasty. A top notch creation.

To quote C. Montgomery Burns: I know what I hate...and I don’t hate this. 

This is our new and improved 2nd anniversary beer that is full of Citra, Mosaic, and Amarillo Hops.  This one has an aroma that is hard to resist.  This New England DIPA is not just a fad, it’s Frickin’ Awesome & Delicious!

No comments: