Thursday, March 22, 2012

Harriet Taproom Soft Open, Part Two

I said that last one was Part One, of Two, didn't I? Well, here it comes, especially since I made a small promise. Someone asked me if I was going to put my playlist online. Well, I didn't think of it, and don't know if they'll ever see it here, but what they, hey, here it goes, to the best of my recollection.

"Blowin' The Blues Away", Horace Silver, album of same name.

"It's Your Thing" (Isley Brothers), "It's Gotta Be Real", The Jazz Crusaders, "Lighthouse '69"

"Come Together" (The Beatles), Richard 'Groove' Holmes and Ernie Watts, album of same name

"Spear For Moondog, Part Two", Jimmy McGriff, "Electric Funk"

"Hang Up Your Hang-ups", Herbie Hancock, "Man-Child"

"Give Up The Booty", Jimmy Smith, "Sit on it!"

"Afro-Blue", Kenny Burrell, "Up the Street, and Round the Corner."

"Happy Medium", "The Show Has Begun", Horace Silver, "That Healin' Feelin'"

"The Way You Make Me Feel" (Michael Jackson), Charles Earland, "Third Degree Burn"

"Ben" (M.J.) Gene Ammons, "Got My Own."

"Never Can Say Goodbye" (M.J.), Junior Walker, "Moody Junior."

"(Sittin' On The) Dock of the Bay", Mongo Santamaria, "Soul Bag"

"Soul Time", Bobby Timmons, album of same name.

"The Sidewinder", Lee Morgan, album of same name.

"Moment's Notice" John Coltrane, "Blue Train."

"Aligator Boogaloo", Lou Donaldson, album of same name.

"The Witch Doctor" Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers, album of same name.

"The Sixth Sense", Lee Morgan, album of same title.

"Night Dreamer", Wayne Shorter, ditto.

"Chicken and Dumplin's", Bobby Timmons, ditto.

"I Was Born To Love You", (Stevie Wonder) Charles Earland, "Soul Story"

"Light Blue",(Thelonious Monk) Arthur Blythe, album of same name, "plays the music of Thelonious Monk."

"Trinkle Tinkle" (Monk) Don Pullen, "...Plays Monk."

"Well You Needn't" (Monk) Jimmy Smith, "second Coming"

"More Today Than Yesterday" (Spiral Staircase), Charles Earland, "Black Talk!"

"Beer", The Jack Walrath Group, "Revenge of the Fat People"

"Killer Joe", "Milestones", Charles Earland, "Living Black"

"New Year's Day", "Lithium", "Comfortably Numb", "Barracuda", The Bad Plus, "For All I Know"

The taproom is closing, employees are loading tables and chairs back into the building, and Matt Yetter is now playing on the patio, and since the taps are turned off, we're drinking from growlers.
and then I played some Thelonious Monk, but I can't recall which. Good stuff, of course.
Everything's getting blurrier, but I must have had enough clarity to see her cuteness.

More of Zach Lozier, this time with Tanner Taylor in the frame, and lots of sunlight shining through.
Who's this? Who knows? He's amused by something, while Jason appears very happy at right.
And now, some more pictures!




More green-clad beer lovers getting their glasses filled by green-wigged Ginny.
something interesting happened when Matt Yetter took the stage later on, after the sun went down. Look at all that bright light inside, while we're cast in blue on the outside.
Things are getting fuzzier, with Paul Johnston, brewer, at right.
Pictures are coming down, perhaps due to heavy music vibrations, and Jason gets up on a ladder to correct this.
More of that light shining on the right side of the room, while a second shift keeps the glasses flowing.
Here's me, as captured by Jesse Brodd. All the great ales have caught up with me, and I'm basking in the bliss of my final musical selections.

No comments: