Sunday, March 11, 2012

Lucid Camo Double Pale Ale




Lucid Camo. Imperial, or, Double Pale Ale, or India Pale Ale. Lucid Brewing, Minnetonka, MN.


Clear and coppery/amber colored, nice head of white, lace-leaving froth. Looks nice.



Aroma: Ah! Soft, floral, hoppy, fruity, citric…just right. Lovely, lovely stuff. Very, very nice. I could just keep drinking this in through the nose.


But enough drinking through the nose, let's try the mouth. 

Mmmm meets yum. Tasty, tasty stuff. Tropical fruit, citrus, some pine, but mostly mango and guava. Pineapple, and apricot. Tasty. Mmmm. I mean it, mmm.

Great mix of hop and malt. Some caramel, some fruit in the malt body, with a bright, beautiful, fierce, and bitter hop profile. This is easily consumed, although t. he alcohol is not that terribly hidden, no, it is there, it is around, and it will not be silenced.



Yum. I'll say it again. This is very nice. And it took me long enough. My first taste was undecided. My second, I was further on the fence, and felt perhaps that it was not as good as I'd liked. That was from a sample bottle. But I took a chance, put it on tap, and now I'm really digging this, and I feel that I will dig it again. 

No comments: