Thursday, March 22, 2012

Maui Brewing Flyin'HI P. Hay. IPA


Maui Brewing Company.  Flyin' HI P. Hay. Okay, it took me awhile to get it, but now I get it. Or do I? The HI is for Hawaii, but P. Hay? I'll get it eventually. Maybe the label will help?is 
"This brew is dedicated to Glen Hay Falconer, my best friend and mentor, "…etc., etc., blah, blah, blah.
Brewed exclusively with Falconer's Flight hops, and…the finest malts, etc. Proceeds go to a scholarships for brewers in Mr. Falconer's name. 

Certified Made on Maui. Live to the fullest.  Brew to the fullest.

Well, let's get into it. My first Maui Brewing beer, one of three cans brought back from "the big island" by Dave Anderson. 

Right off, I love the smell of this. But, let's look at it, first.
Beautiful, l ... well, I lost complete track of this one. Complete goofing off on behalf of my computer, that I couldn't control. The cursor whizzes all over the screen, and randomly deleted what I tried to write. At least 3 reviews I tried to do met this fate. Some lasted longer than others, but frustration grew too great. 

So, I wasn't able to take decent notes on this excellent IPA. But put it into the win column for this brewery. And their regular IPA is still yet to be cracked open. 

Funny, I really thought I could remember my notes mentally and transcribe them later. Not 10 days later, that sure doesn't work. 

Now, to see if the other two I couldn't finish got far enough.

No comments: