Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Boom Island Witness Witbier


My quest to try all of the beers has been called off, due to it's impossibility. My quest to try all the local beers, too, has been designated an implausibility. Can't do them all, not physically possible. What if I had a nine-to-five job, then I could make the rounds of all the brewpubs and taprooms, Monday through Saturday, every night, take notes on them all, bring back the growlers, check them off. But I don't and I can't.

No, I can't check off everything ever offered, but I do recognize once in a while when one slipped through the cracks, and here's one. The witbier from Boom Island, called Witness. First one I'm drinking from a 12 ounce bottle out of a 4-pack, rather than a big ol' bomber. Pouring it into a Galzen Toren D'erpe Mere saison glass. Just because.Why not?

Alc. 5.0% by Vol. Bottle conditioned. Born in Belgium. Crafted in Minneapolis.
Appearance: hazy and golden, under a bone white head.

Aroma: there's a little bit of spice, here's that wheat-y feel. Light and airy and lovely.

Taste: Light and smooth and sweet. Along comes coriander, ain't she sweet? A touch of orange, a spritz of lemon. The wheat and the sweet and the fruit and the spice, ever so nice. There's that slice of celery, there's the orange wedge on top of the wheat note. Light in body, lean in texture, ever so drinkable. Just like a good wit. Done right.

What's the gobbledygook? (they have such fine gobbledygook!) "Alert the media, You've just found a classic Belgian Witbier with real soul. Dig the way it's slight tartness opens into a refreshing smoothness with faint floral notes on the back. Can I get a WITNESS?"

Oh, she is some kind of wonderful. I am talking about my baby.

No comments: