Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Borealis Fermentery Vinegoblin Belgian-style Pale Ale


Borealis Fermentery Vinegoblin Belgian-style Pale Ale.

Appearance: lightly hazy, bright golden/amber hue, large and lasting ivory head. Looks beautiful.

Aroma: All bright citric, spicy  and floral hops, surrounded by Belgian yeast funk. In every way, the very mark of a Belgian pale ale. Enticing.

Taste: Fruity at first, plump with luscious Belgian malts, hop bitterness arriving on the Belgian right after. This delightful dance continues, sip after sip, gulp after gulp. Terrifically tasty. Yum. Ken, you did it again. This beats the pants off of most other Belgian pale ales out there by a long shot. Love this beer. Mmm, mmm.

Let's see what the brewery says about it. The label begins the same as all the others, then the copy specific to Vinegoblin: "Vinegoblin was a runner up name for my kitten that used to play amidst the hop vines here at the Borealis Fermentery. This beer is a subtly malty concoction that incorporates copious additions of both kettle and dry hops for the true hop lover among us. Chill before serving, pour into your favorite glass, and enjoy this ode to Humulus Lupulus."

Unfortunately, I can't pour it into my favorite Borealis Fermentery snifter, because I broke it, like a damned fool. Luckily, I have plenty more. But if I see another one, I'm buying it.

Brewed "710212" ….not sure what that means…are they missing a zero, and it was 7/10/2012?

No word on ABV, but I'd guess it to be 7 percent, maybe?

In case you missed it the first time, I like this beer. Go get some right now.

No comments: