Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Sisyphus Back to the Past West Coast India Pale Ale

West Coast IPA is now Back to the Past, a name change I don't
approve of for I dislike considering West Coast IPA a thing
of the past, even if it...sigh...is. Here's a pic in 2020.
Sisyphus West Coast IPA. 8% ABV. 100 IBUs.

Appearance: mostly clear, with a slight chill haze. Bright amber/gold coloring, fine white lead, lasting a while.

Aroma: hops are bursting out all over. Powerful pine in here, and plenty of citrus notes, too. Orange, grapefruit, tangerine. Just the way I like it.

Taste: Now here's where it delivers. All the hoppiness dropped on the tongue, and roaming about the palate, delivering deliciousness. Succor for sure to a hophead like me.

Medium bodied, long, bitter finish. High drinkability, for the hop freaks among us. You're not one? Move along.

Raise the glass again, admire the lace left, point the liquid to the nose, and let it drift in. Invigorating. Bring it back to the lips, let the ambrosia slide back into the mouth and allow the humbles lupulus to treat the senses.

This may be my favorite Sisyphus brew, because it hits me right where I live. In a phrase that others use, it is in my wheelhouse. Or if were in the 1960's, I might say that it's my bag, man. We all got our bags. This is right in mine.

There may be other beers that are more complex, more difficult to make, a greater achievement of brewing prowess. A beer like this gets me every time.

No comments: