Thursday, August 27, 2015

Steel Toe Size 4 Session IPA/Pale Ale


Steel Toe Size Four.  Steel Toe Brewing, St. Louis Park, Minnesota.

Year two of this brew. I tried it for the first time last summer, and enjoyed it. But, whenever I visited the brewery for a growler, they were out. S.O.L. Until this week. It was no longer on tap, but only available in growler, so I could take some home. And just in time for me to order some for the Acadia bar. I'm pretty excited for that, let me tell you.

(I'd like to share more information from their website, but it's missing, oddly enough.)

Enough of that jibber jabber, let's drink some.

Clear, bright golden appearance, slim ivory head, high carbonation.

Gorgeous aromatics, and that ain't no lie. Pineapple's spilling out with orange, grapefruit's knocking boots with mango, and banana is getting down with lemon and lime. Beautiful. Perfect. Good lord, it's lovely.

On the tongue and back down the palate, it's a citric delight. Perfect flavor for any hop-head, bright citrus-y sensations are a treat to drink down. Those who know me can attest that I treat language delicately, but this, this is fucking delicious. It's all Mosaic hops, or so I heard, and it's absolutely perfect.

Light to medium body, long bitter finish, interminable citrus-y flavors. Grapefruit spritz, orange peel, lemon zest. Every hop-head worth his membership card needs to keep shoveling this down his gullet at every appropriate occasion

No comments: