Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Barley John's Brewing Company The Gnomenator Blonde Bock (Maibock)

I recently received some sample cans from Barley John's Brewing Company. This one had an MB written on it by John, but I can't find that beer anywhere. Instead, I found something on Untapped called The Gnomenator Blonde Doppelbock. Maybe that's what this is?

Barley John's Maibock. 8.5% ABV.

Clear, highly carbonated, deep amber coloring, slight, white head that disappears quickly on this pour. (I did just clean the glass, but maybe it still wasn't clean enough?)

Slightly sweet, grainy, malt-forward aromatics.

In the mouth: even more so. Goes sweet, ends dry. Good and grainy, mostly malty. Little bit o' fruit on the palate. Moderate hop bitterness, increasing strength. Growing fruit/hop flavor. Grapes, apple, etc.

This is all right. Good beer and I can drink it.

No comments: