Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Town Hall Amber Falcon

So, I'm at the pub, and looking at what I can take home in a growler. And there's Amber Falcon. Have I done that one? It's been around for about five years, off and on. How could I have skipped it for all this time? Just because it's an amber and, like lagers, I tend to pass on them because they're not my favorite style? But, they are good beers and you can drink them. Also, there ain't nothing wrong with them. And so....

Town Hall Amber Falcon. 5.3% ABV. Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery, Minneapolis, MN.

Clear, bronze/copper-toned look, sizable head of creamy froth atop.

In the nose: Malt forward, bright malty flavors, lean hops. Most enticing. Hop bitterness increases on the palate, keeping time with the malty mouthfeel. Caramel malt sweetness, hitting up against hops.

Toasty and tasty. I can dig it. My kind of amber ale.


American Amber Ale single-hopped with Falconer's Flight.

No comments: