Thursday, March 8, 2018

Schell's Citra Blanc American Pale Lager

Schell's Citra Blanc American Pale Lager. 6.7% ABV. 44 IBU. August Schell Brewing, New Ulm, MN.

Clear, bright golden color, large and lasting ivory head on top.

In the nose: sunshine-y citrus-y notes steal the show here. Blend of lemon and grapefruit, with a twist of the tropical, too. Beautiful.

In the mouth: A hop explosion kicks it off, gives out fruit, swiftly turns out dry. Crisp and refreshing. Light bodied. I always remind the reader that I'm not a lager lover, but I am in favor of flavor, and this one packs it. This is nothing short of delightful. Any time I've had a citra hop lager, I'm liking it, and this one is crafted exquisitely. Tasty, tasty, tasty, and almost yum-a-dum-dum.

Similar to an IPA, Citra Blanc is hop-forward and refreshing, for those who like their beer to pack a punch. A citrusy, hoppy lager. Citra and Hallertau Blac hops create bright flavors and aromatics. 

No comments: