Monday, March 12, 2018

Tin Whiskers Phase Shift 02/2017

Tin Whiskers Phase Shift 02. 7.5% ABV. Rye Whiskey Barrel Aged Barrel Shifter Porter. St. Paul, MN.

Utter darkness, fully opaque, slim brown head.

In the nose: Cocoa, coffee, molasses, more. Vanilla, cherry, whiskey? Rich, luxurious, lovely. A feast for the senses.

In the mouth: Boom! Big whiskey notes on the palate right from the start. Outsized flavors, rich malt, big barrel tones, vanilla, cocoa, coffee, blackstrap, a touch of anise, more. Full bodied, full flavored, non-stop delicious. Starts out sweet, rounds out dry.

I took a peek at my previous report on this beer, it's earlier iteration, and I'm not disappointed. Whatever flaws I felt then are not apparent now. I like this much better than before. Perhaps abler hands are at the wheel, here? Or time bringing experience and wisdom?

Thanks again to the Running Tap for bringing it to me?

PHASE SHIFT 02 // ISANTI SPIRITS RYE WHISKEY BARREL AGED PORTER
Released November 19, 2016 // Local rye whiskey barrels from Isanti Spirits contribute rich, complex malt and wood characteristics to a porter previously aged on white oak and cherry wood. • 7.5% ABV


No comments: