Thursday, May 2, 2019

Tin Whiskers Spring IPA

Tin Whiskers Spring IPA. Spark Series.
Artfully Engineered. 7.5 % ABV. 33 IBU.
Tin Whiskers Brewing, St. Paul, MN.

Lightly hazed, amber color, lush ivory head, looking good.

In the nose: Burst of bright citrus notes, slight spice, and that peculiar Belgian yeast note we tag as "bubblegum"...huh. Is this a "white IPA", or an IPA/Witbier hybrid?

In the mouth: Big bitterness, floral flavors, rich malt, nice and drinkable. And interesting. I'm not getting as much fruit as expected. It's a little confusing. There's a lot going on here, and I'm not sure it hangs together well. Lacks cohesion. I'm confused why these flavors are together. And I'm gonna pass on it, yet I still finish the can.

A spring-centric IPA with notes of tangerine, melon, bubblegum, and spice.

No comments: